About Me

My photo
My name is Lesli Hyland. In my fifty three years on this earth, my home and my heart have been graced with the company of twenty eight dogs. Many came to me as seniors. All of them taught me something and helped determine the course of my life. I became a dog trainer because of them. I met my friends because of them. My husband and I are are forever bonded by our mutual connection to them. Currently, as a Dog Walker I have access to other people's dogs and I am allowed to experience their unique personalities. The dogs make me a better person by forcing me to closely examine my motivation, my actions and my choices. Everything I do affects their behavior, safety and happiness. It is an awesome responsibility. The dogs keep me honest.

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Anxious for Agility

I find myself already longing for temperatures warm enough to open up the Agility Field!  It's gonna be a long Winter!
The last few years of Agility, though enjoyable, have been twinged with sadness.  I still miss my agility partner, Pogo, and Belle's intermittent back issues have limited our training and trialing.  With Tawnie's confidence growing in leaps and bounds and her skills increasing, I am looking forward to developing our agility relationship further.  And my little brat dog, Mamacita, is turning out to be exceptionally well suited to the sport as well! 
I am really excited about the coming season!
Hurry up Spring!

1 comment: