- my dogs, my world
- My name is Lesli Hyland. In my fifty one years on this earth, my home and my heart have been graced with the company of twenty four dogs. Many came to me as seniors. All of them taught me something and helped determine the course of my life. I became a dog trainer because of them. I met my friends because of them. My husband and I are are forever bonded by our mutual connection to them. Currently, as a Dog Walker I have access to other people's dogs and I am allowed to experience their unique personalities. The dogs make me a better person by forcing me to closely examine my motivation, my actions and my choices. Everything I do affects their behavior, safety and happiness. It is an awesome responsibility. The dogs keep me honest.
Wednesday, February 12, 2014
Kenzie is mine.
has truly become YOUR dog?
When you bring her to the vet to be spayed and...
1. She never takes her eyes off you as they lead her away and it takes all your strength not to snatch her back from the technician.
2. You cry in your car in the Vet's parking lot.
3. Your house seems empty without her in spite of the other 6 dogs.
4. You use telepathy to tell her that "Its Ok. I'll come get you. I promise." all day long while you wait for the call from the Vet's office.
5. The sight of her lying in her traditional spot on your bed at night makes everything alright in your world.